Below is our set at FBC for last Sunday shown in the NextPage music desk. This week featured a near-catastrophic hardware failure on my 2008 vintage 17″ MacBook Pro, affectionately known as “the aircraft carrier”, during the service. Time for an upgrade…
Patch settings below.
The B3 and EP patches below are from the Nord. The synth patches are either from Omnisphere or an audio unit supplied with MainStage (MS).
- God is With Us Now: Basic Pad and Synth Strings, Smooth String, Dark Pad 02 from EXS24
- Our God: Another Pad, Vocal Super Pad from ESX 24, add Strings PWM on chorus
- In Christ Alone-Solid Rock: Warm Blue Carpet from ESX24
- Revelation Song: Purity, Format Choir, Thunder from ESX24, DarkPad 02 from ES2 (MainStage)
- Cornerstone: Nord EP1, model 2, with Basic Dark Velo Wheel pad underneath
My rig consists of a Nord Stage 2 and a 13″ Macbook Pro (early 2013 refurb) running MainStage 2.2 (without Logic) and Spectrasonics Omnisphere as an audio unit plug-in. The Nord talks to the MainStage over USB2. For audio output, I don’t use an external audio interface – I run the Mac audio output directly into a Behringer 16-channel sub mixer using a 1/8″ stereo to 1/4″ cable. And lest I forget, I use an iPad 3 running NextPage and an iKlip 2.